MC is designed as a transitional camp where boys are introduced to the district junior leader training. It is not a prerequisite for JLDA attendance but is recommended for all boys who have graduated 4th grade. MC is a district leadership training event geared for boys who have graduated the 4th grade but not yet in the 7th grade. MC introduces the patrol system while a boy earns merits that have been selected by the district.
Ranger Training Camp (RTC)
Ranger Training Camp is a leadership training event for boys who have completed 4th grade but not yet in 7th grade. RTC prepares boys to serve as junior leaders in a boy-led, adult-facilitated outpost.
RTC will help boys discover answers to these questions:
- What is my role in my patrol and group?
- What are some of my God-given (natural) talents and strengths?
- How do I add value to my patrol and group?
- What responsibilities can I undertake to help my patrol and group?
Junior Academy (JA)
Junior Academy (JA) is designed to prepare men and young men to serve as leaders/instructors at RTC, JTC, AJTC, Action Camps, and further equip them for service in the local outpost and the local church. JA has a strong focus on mentoring and staff training. JA is a two-stage process. Stage one offers training in staff orientation and theory (pre-event). Stage 2 is the practical application of Stage 1 and involves staff in training at a JLDA event. JA can be offered in a camping, retreat center, or church venue.
Prerequisites for boys:
- Completed JTC & AJTC
- Completed an Action Camp (minimum one)
- Completed the 9th grade
Prerequisites for men:
- Completed the Ready and Safety Level OLAL
- Pastor’s signature confirming background check completed
- Invitation by network leadership to attend
Those who complete the Junior Academy will be challenged to answer these questions:
- How do I help others to find God’s plan for their life?
- How am I helping to develop godly character in others?
- Who are those in need and how can I serve?
- How am I improving as an instructor?
- Am I emulating a Christlike life worthy of following?
Junior Leadership Training Academy
Junior Training Camp is a training event for boys who have completed 6th grade or above. JTC focuses on leadership development in the local patrol and group. JTC is a required event for the Trail of the Saber Award
JTC will help boys discover answers to these questions:
- What are my God-given (natural) talents and strengths and how am I developing them?
- Do I have what it takes to be a godly man?
- What is God’s plan for my life?
Advanced Junior Training Camp is a training event for boys who have completed 7th grade or above. AJTC focuses on leadership development by serving in group and church leadership roles for young men. AJTC can be offered in a camping, retreat center, or church venue. AJTC is a required event for the Trail of the Saber Award.
AJTC will help boys discover answers to these questions:
- Am I following God’s plan for my life today?
- How am I developing my godly character?
- How am I helping (serving) others?